Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Postpartum

Its been exactly 2 weeks since Megha was born. In a way it feels like I have known her forever! Maybe because I have known her since April. We had her second doctors appointment today and as of now she has put on almost 500 grams since her birth! Her doctor was extremely happy and told us to continue doing the great work we have been doing with her; which of course made Anand and I happy.

Recovering from a C-section is certainly not easy. I had a lot of difficulty sitting up (still have in certain positions), have to take a lot of pain medication and dont even get me started on side effects of all that! I literally have to think of Niagara falls every time I pee for the first 10 days! Its really not funny........maybe a little bit funny :)

Snatching a few hours of sleep is as precious as a pot of gold. Anand and mom help me a lot; I dont know what I would do without them! He even took a day off today. I secretly feel that he was missing Megha a lot after going to work for 2 days and hence this sudden day off :)
I wouldn't blame him. Who would want to leave such an adorable child behind and go to work!? I certainly wouldn't.

Though internet/doctors/friends/family say that hiccups, gas and occasional throw-ups are pretty common among newborns, every time she does any of those I feel so sorry for her. She seems to be fine but poor thing, she is so tiny and her face turns all pink when she hiccups. I hope its not hurting her.

Anyway, its 1:00 AM now and I just fed her and rocked her to sleep. As she lies down in her crib, I saw her beautiful face and I start to recollect what I have done in my present life to deserve her and I am having a hard time coming up with an answer. It sure must be Anand's good deeds :)
Life completely changed...for good.

P.S: Her first function, her punyajanam/naamakaran story to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment