Monday, August 18, 2014

Terrible Two's are kicking in

Megha as such is someone who is well mannered most of the time. Almost. She has her own days when she gets into that typical two-year-old-who-tests-limits mode. Today is one such day.
She came home with a note that said that she was not being herself at all today. When she sees a little kid (Baby T), she runs away from him, wouldn't share her toys with him and she pushed him. When he cried, she pretended to cry too. This is exactly the kind of behavior I was dreading from other kids when Megha first went to the daycare (she being the recipient).

It broke my heart to read that. This is the second time its happened in almost 2 years. While some might think its acceptable as its the second time only, I felt so hurt to know that Megha pushed away another kid; its so unlike her. I was told by other moms that being in 2 is the toughest part. I thought we  sailed through it with no major issues as she is only 4 months away from 3.
Anand reprimanded her and we repeatedly told her to never repeat that again. We also told her that she has to apologize to baby T tomorrow when she sees him.

Of course neither Anand nor I like to scold her. As soon as she went to bed my mind was racing. have I done anything wrong? Are we not spending as much time with her as she needs and thats why this odd behavior at times? If she is picking up this behavior from another kid (like her Daycare provider mentioned), what can be done to control it? At the end of the day it doesnt matter; I am not trying to look for excuses to defend Megha. I am only trying to see if we can stop this from ever happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment