Thursday, July 28, 2011

So...we finally find out the gender!!!

...and much to the delight of Anand and I, its a GIRL!! I had my 20th week ultra sound yesterday and that's when we found out. My parents arrived yesterday from India and they accompanied me and Anand to the screening. After close to an hour of probing, everything is checked and we were able to see our girl.
She is slowly growing big! Just like me...LOL.

My appointment with OB is not until 28 weeks.

Here are some fun facts as it stands now.

The fetus now weighs about three-quarters of a pound/ 360 grams and is approximately 10.5 inches/ 27 centimetres long from crown to heel. The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and the fingernails cover the fingertips.

""""There's a saying: 'Little pitchers have big ears'. If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, expect her to hear you. Some studies have found that newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in utero. If you want to try, pick a book now and read it out loud. Make sure you won't mind reading it over and over once the baby is here. It may be your baby's favorite bedtime story for a long time after birth""""

No comments:

Post a Comment