Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Essential Oils for kids Cold/coughs


We are big time into Essential oils now. I’ve been slowly moving away from OTC medications to more natural alternatives. It’s been about 2 years since I made the shift but only about 4 months ago I diligently started using them, completely replacing some of my trusted OTC medications. One such homeopathic medication I relied on was Camilia (for colds). Our relationship with Camilia cold drops recently ended as it doesn’t seem to provide the same level of comfort as it once did. I suppose this happens when the body gets used to certain medication.

I extensively diffuse/ topically use the oils now. We treat/comfort a variety of boo boo’s with essential oils. Let’s talk the most common issue, Cold/ cough and flu like symptoms. Megha is getting better as her immune system is slowly improving (as she is getting older) but Tanush still suffers from frequent colds.
My favourite oils to turn to for topical application for colds/coughs are Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Sage, Lemon and Tea Tree. I take 2 tbsp of coconut oil or Zarbees chest rub and add 2 drops of each oils that I just mentioned. I also tend to add lavender as it tends to have soothing effect. It takes about 20 mins for Tanush and Megha to go from fussy, grumpy, congested selves to cheery, relaxed, healthier selves. I just rub the oils (diluted with coconut oil or zarbees chest rub) on chest, feet, back (around the spine area).
I also diffuse the same oils.  

Every night without fail, I also diffuse Lavender in both the diffuser's in their respective rooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment