Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tanush's Birth Story


My dad, Anand and I left for the hospital at 6 AM on Friday, august 15th, 2015. I had already pre-registered the night before at the hospital so that its easier to check in. The process was so straight forward this time vs the natural labor progression. We waited in the room that was allotted to us. I remember being very nervous despite being prepared for this very thing for so long. Around 7:30 AM, Anand and I were ushered into the ER. The nurses were really nice. I do love Milton District Hospital.
Everything with Tanush’s birth went really fast. In no time my anesthesiologist administered the medication. My OBGYN with whom I had been hooked up with since the onset of pregnancy was Dr. Glen Hunter. He is kind and very reassuring. He kept updating me about what is happening on the table, while making sure to leave out any detail that can cause anxiety to me.

Tanush Reddiar was born at 8:01 AM.

As the days go by, the memories seem to fade. So much so that I started forgetting the timelines. Its best I (re)start writing everything down.
Tanush’s birthdate, time was predetermined. I did not opt for a VBAC and my doctor didn’t push me either about it. An elective C-Section is always frowned upon but after Megha’s labor and eventual C-Section, it didn’t make sense to try a VBAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment