Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First Diwali!!

I cannot believe so much time has gone by and I still didn't write anything about Diwali.
Megha's first Diwali was celebrated in India, at my parents place. On the morning of the Diwali, we were to leave to the temple and get the puja done by 10:30 Am. We were also supposed to take "nombu-khairu" from the temple priest. I have no idea why I am looking this fat; I think I simply didnt tie the saree well (thats my excuse and I am sticking to it).


I woke up a little early in the morning and helped my mom with the breakfast, prasad and stuff like that. Megha and A slept in but when A woke up, he wasn't well.
Anyway, when I was doing the Lakshmi Puja, Anand got some allergies because of the Agarbatti.
Megha, Anand and I dressed up in new cloths and along with my sister, nephew, mom and Dad, we went to the temple.Below picture is at the temple; Anand tying khairu to me and Meg.
Isnt that a cute picture? With my sis.
The horn on the bus goes...beep beep beep: A rhyme which my sis and Meg love..
By the time we returned, Anands fever had gone up. My dad called the doctor home and he was given maleria medication.

Megha enjoyed a lot that evening with the fire works and all. Initially I bought that she will cry with the loud noises but no, she was happy! She loved the flower pots and bhu-chakra! She wanted to catch them. My silly girl :)
Here you can see my BIL, Rajesh.

Dad got some lights set up for Diwali and their home looked beautiful. The only reason it wasn't perfect was because Anand was ill.
Below is a picture of my parents with my nephew Jayeesh and Meg. Nice eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment