Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Homemade Fruit Popsicle's for Toddlers

Megha, like any other toddler out there, loves all things chocolaty, ice-creamy and juicy. About 2 weeks ago, I made juice popsicles using Tropicana orange. Since then, Anand has bought a book about healthy eating and we decided its about time we start going All-Natural as far as possible.
This evening when Megha asked for juice pops, it immediately occurred to me that I might as well make some at home from the scratch. What I am about to make sounds more like frozen fruit yogurt in the form of a Popsicle.

Ingredients:
Yogurt: 1 (I used the regular Activia flavored yogurt).
Whole milk: About 1.5 cups
Papaya: handful of cut pieces (Papaya because they happened to be in the fridge)
Vanilla extract: few drops

In a blender I mixed them all together until smooth and transferred them into individual Popsicle mold. When i tasted it, it seemed like it could use some sweetness but I took a chance and didnt add any sugar. Lets see if she likes it tomorrow :)
Edit: She LOVED it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment