Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes for Toddlers (and adults)

As I had mentioned before, Megha suffers from constipation from time to time. I am always looking for fiber rich foods but of late I did not. Time to start again, now that I am home (I should have no excuses :)

So, I stumbled up on this super easy gluten free oatmeal pancakes recipe; I tweaked the recipe a bit to adjust the portion but the original recipe is Here. As such, Megha loves pancakes and I was hoping she would like this too and she did!

Serves: 3 (Makes about 10 pancakes)

Ingredients:
Steel cut oats: 1 cup
Milk (I used whole milk): 1 1/2
Apple: 1 small
Egg: 1
Cinnamon: 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg: a pinch (optional)
Salt: a pinch
Baking Powder: 1/2 TBSP

Method:
Add the oats, milk and cut pieces of apple in a blender and blend it until the mixture is fine (about a minute to two).
Add everything else with the exception of baking powder and blend again for 20 seconds. After taking the batter out in a bowl, add the baking powder.

Heat a pan/griddle and when hot, pour a ladle full of the batter. When you see the bubbles rising on the pancake, flip that over to cook on other side. Press it down with spatula if you feel the pancakes are a bit under-cooked. Transfer to a serving plate. You can either have it with butter or syrup or plain cakes. Its sweet enough even without syrup because of the apple.

Verdict: Megha ate 2 and half pancakes (with maple syrup)! It means its a super success.

No comments:

Post a Comment