Thursday, June 16, 2011

My First Yoga Lesson

Today I went to my first Prenatal Yoga session. It was nice. This is my first ever lesson in Yoga and I didnt know what to expect. I just vowed to myself that I will just go with an open mind...yeah that should do it. And it did!

Our instructor was sweet spoken and gentle. She assured me that most women start yoga for the first time only after they fall pregnant and that I should not worry. I guess yoga is one thing which is safe to start amidst all those "don't do this and don't do that's" during pregnancy.

The lesson started and we were asked to just lie down or sit in any position we are comfortable. I just sat and closed my eyes. While the instructor started on some gentle breathing lessons, I could actually feel myself relax. After that some stretching started. I have been having severe shoulder aches and I tried to relax them. Some of the stretching really helped. It lasted for 1 full hour and I think I can easily say that I like it!

I booked for 10 sessions, once a week. Once that is done, I am planning on taking more. That's all for now...too tired to write anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment