Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bottle weaning a Toddler- Day 2

Megha went for her nap without any fuss at about 12 in the afternoon. She was fast asleep by the time i went in to check on her at 12:15. She had 2 sips of water from her sippy which she returned to me when I tucked her in.

Same thing in the night too. When she woke up at around 11:30, she was fussing a lot. Not crying per se and not asking for water/milk but in general fussing. It continued all night. Luckily she was not fully awake while fussing. So she was still restlessly-resting while I tried to comfort her as best as I can. Sometimes I did ignore her and turned around to sleep (as i was so exhausted) but she seemed more at comfort when I gently say shhhhhh.
When I offered water (and milk at around 3 AM) in her sippy, she didnt want it. At around 4 AM, she settled down and slept until 8:30 AM.
Maybe her tummy hurt? Not sure. Or maybe she just wanted water in her old feeding bottle but she didnt ask for a bottle like the first night. So cannot be sure.

She did wake up fresh at 8:30 AM though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment