Friday, October 16, 2015

Guilty mommy

Sometimes I struggle to make a judgement call when it comes to being a mom.
This evening after swimming lessons, Megha seemed very off. She didn't want to buckle in no matter how many times I had asked her to. By then Tanush started crying. The silly boy hates car seats. I had to really yell at Megha. I hate yelling. I absolutely do.
After we started driving, in the middle of the road she took off her seatbelt. The bottle cap had fallen off and she was trying to reach it. I got annoyed because I had told her 100's of times to stay buckled in. I told her again and she was taking her sweet time and looking around, not really Manding attempts at buckling herself in. I got upset again and yelled at her. Told her no ice cream. She asked for lion king CD, I said no for she was being difficult. She pleaded and then she yelled. I didn't budge. 

Later at home I realized that she was being so difficult because of all the power struggle. The girl just wanted lion king. Should I have given in? I don't know. If I did, does it reinforce that I will give in even when she is being difficult and not listen? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment