Thursday, April 28, 2011

The First Ultra Sound

My first ultra sound was on 26th April, 2011, exactly the day I completed 7 weeks. I took half a day off and DH (dear husband) was at home too. I was asked to drink lots of water. I did and believe me, if the appointment is even 5 mins late, I would have had some sort of an accident. But thank God, there was no delay.

The technician gave me a paper gown to wear. While she was taking all the measurements of the fetus (which lasted about 30 mins), DH was patiently waiting outside. After that was the fun part! She called him inside and we got to see our baby for the very first time. Calling it awesome would be an understatement. It had a little heart which was beating so fast! Its truly a miracle, the way life forms inside.
We just kept looking at it for a long time while the technician zoomed and explained the organs which have already formed.

I think that's when I truly started believing that we are having a baby!

I asked her if everything is fine. However, in accordance with the rules here, the results would be sent to my doctor who would discuss this with me.

One good news is that, my blood test results are in and they look fine it seems! Bah...what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment