Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day at daycare

For verity of reasons, Anand and I decided that it would be good for Megha if she goes to day care for 1 hour, twice a week. Its not much but for a beginner, it still is. She did me proud. I kept telling her over and over again in the previous days that she is going to be with out momma and papa for one hour but she will be safe, that I will be back in an hour to take her home. Not sure if she understood any of that though.

On the day, Monday, 20Aug2012, she woke up as usual but i was very nervous. She has never been without me or Anand or her maternal grandma. I got her ready, fed her, prayed along with her and off we went.
Above picture was taken 5 minutes before departure. She is sitting along with her diaper bag. My my, she is growing up way too soon.

When I dropped her off, she seemed ok. I reminded her again that i was leaving but will be back in an hour to pick her up.

While driving back (less than 5 mins to home), I couldnt help but cry. I think its normal. She on the other had didnt itseems. She played nicely for 30 minutes and then started saying, "mumumumum". Her provider gave her some water and took her outside to distract her itseems and then she was all fine.
While she didnt greet me with smiles, she didnt cry either. Over all, a big day for both of us.

I am so proud of her. She seems to have taken it well, or, is it too early to judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment